Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween!

We've had a very fun day. After school, we carved pumpkins and both Kathryn and Juliana scooped the yuck out of their pumpkins. I really thought Juliana would get one handful of slime and be done, but to her credit, she did it all. They each decided what shapes they wanted for the faces and I did the carving. I think my arm is going to be sore tomorrow...:) After dinner, we quickly got them into their costumes and took a bunch of pictures before they headed out with daddy to trick or treat. Alexander stayed with me to help pass out candy and kept me on my toes. Every time I opened the door, he made a break for it and I had to pick him up. I think my back is going to be sore tomorrow, too...Perhaps I should just stay in bed...ummmmmm, beeeeeddddd...I digress. Can you tell it's bedtime?! :)

Anyway, they retured with lots of loot and immediately stripped out of their costumes and dove into their candy; Juliana had M&Ms and a few licks of a grape lollypop and Kathryn had a peppermint patty. We had planned to go to our neighbors, the Kings, house for a post trick or treat party, but Kathryn was pooped and opted for bed at 7:45! I knew Alexander would be on his way soon, too, but Juliana was game so she and I bid everyone goodnight and went on down the street. Juliana was hungry so she spent the whole time we were there eating. She had 2 1/2 corn muffins, fruit salad, a frosted Nutter Butter cookie and juice. It doesn't sound like very much, but it takes her an eternity to eat so it seemed like a lot! I enjoyed catching up with several friends and discovered our neighbors, the Nesters, are going to be in Orlando next week...when we're there! So, we may go to Disney together next Wednesday. Hopefully, it'll work out.

So, that's all the news that's fit to print for now. I'm off to bed, but will leave you with this picture of our litter of pups:

and the pumpkins:

No comments: