Just put Alexander down for his nap. He wasn't very happy about it, but settled down quickly, as usual. I've got laundry to do, a Halloween costume to make, moss to clean off the floor, etc., but here I sit completely unmotivated to tackle my domestic responsibilities. Part of the problem is that my legs are so sore from my workout yesterday and subsequent 55 minutes on the bike this morning, that it hurts to move. And so I sit. I have managed to clean the kitchen and tidy the living room (with the girls' help) so it hasn't been a complete waste of a day. A friend may be over later for a play date so I'll resume my duties momentarily; prospective company tends to light a fire. I just realized how dreadfully boring this post is and almost erased it, but I wanted to journal about the day-to-day things and here they are, for better or for worse!
I alluded to a Halloween costume. The girls both want to be dogs (surprise, surprise; they play doggie every moment they get) for Halloween. A friend has a costume that she's offered Kathryn and she even has a little dalmation jacket that Alexander can wear, which leaves Juliana. I bought a pattern and the softest, snuggliest brown fur fabric and have begun her doggie costume. Little pieces of brown fur are everywhere and I had to wipe some off Alexander earlier...it was stuck in the snot below his nose. Ummmm...tasty. Anyway, if I can pull it off, and that's a big "if", it'll be really cute. I'm already looking forward to walking our litter around the neighborhood on leashes!
Alright, alright. I'm off to get something done while Master Alexander slumbers.
I alluded to a Halloween costume. The girls both want to be dogs (surprise, surprise; they play doggie every moment they get) for Halloween. A friend has a costume that she's offered Kathryn and she even has a little dalmation jacket that Alexander can wear, which leaves Juliana. I bought a pattern and the softest, snuggliest brown fur fabric and have begun her doggie costume. Little pieces of brown fur are everywhere and I had to wipe some off Alexander earlier...it was stuck in the snot below his nose. Ummmm...tasty. Anyway, if I can pull it off, and that's a big "if", it'll be really cute. I'm already looking forward to walking our litter around the neighborhood on leashes!
Alright, alright. I'm off to get something done while Master Alexander slumbers.
No comments:
Post a Comment