I spent the better part of last week holding my sick baby. He's had plenty of colds in the last 13 months, but he's never been so clingy. Not that I'm complaining; once they are mobile, it's hard to get them to snuggle, so I happily soak it up and keep the tissues handy. I recently emailed a friend who's expecting her first baby and commented about the remarkable amount of laundry small children produce. Turns out, it's really not their laundry...it's your laundry because whatever is making them a mess is destined to get on you. Thus, explaining the latest load of mommy's snot-stained shirts. It's always about the bodily fluids. Am I the only one who's noticed that? Probably not.
Anyway, I digress. We had a great weekend. My mom had planned to visit this coming weekend believing her newest grandchild would have arrived by then. However, it wasn't looking promising so she decided to come this past weekend. What a great surprise! The girls were thrilled to see their Ama, as usual. She got to see Kathryn play in her soccer game Saturday and braved the cold temperature and harsh winds like a trooper. (I watched from the van with Alexander and Juliana!) We shopped in the afternoon and then Nate and I got to go on our first date since our anniversary in May. Yippee! We went to a great steak restaurant and basked in the glory that is dining without children. Ahhhhh. It was so nice to have a conversation that wasn't punctuated with, "Please finish your dinner", "Stop touching your sister", "Get off the floor" or our very favorite, "Quit putting peas up your nose, they'll get stuck." Actually, I'm exaggerating...well, not about the peas, but that's a different story. The kids are very good when we eat out, but it was so nice to enjoy a relaxing dinner together.
In other news, Nate painted the play room this weekend and we rearranged the furniture. We still need to put the polka dots on the walls, but it looks so much better already. When I locate my camera, I'll post a picture.
Juliana is demanding my attention, and not very subtly I might add, so I'm going to wrap this up for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment