Monday, January 08, 2007

Happy New Year!

Yeah, yeah, I know it's late, but what else is new?! :) Ah, yes, the year! We've been busy since my last post, thus the long delay. I keep jotting down little notes about things I want to be sure and write about; just haven't found the time and can't guarantee at this point that I'll be able to find my little scraps of paper...but, that's my problem. In the meantime, let me tell you that Alexander is better. On the Wednesday after Christmas, Kathryn told me she had a sore throat and that her ear hurt. Knowing we were departing for Maryland on Thursday, I went ahead and scheduled her to see the Dr. right away in case she had an ear infection. While we were at it, I went ahead and scheduled Alexander, too. Turns out, Kathryn's ear was infected and she just finished her 10 days of antibiotics. Regarding Alexander, Dr. Bolten said he could wheeze with every cold for up to 2 years before being diagnosed with asthma. She said it's part of the after-effects of the bout of Bronchiolitis he had last month and to just give him the inhaler as needed. By now, he's completely over his cold and doesn't seem any worse for the wear.

In other health news, Nate got his cast off on Thursday, the 28th, and has been in a splint/brace since then. The X-ray looked good and he's improving slowly, but surely. He's getting to the point where he forgets he's injured, does a simple task and winces in pain. His range of motion is getting better so it's just a matter of time. He's really hoping it'll be completely healed by the start of winter basketball, but I'm pretty sure it won't be...or is that just wishful thinking? he he he (evil laughter) Actually, I'm all for him playing ball. I know how much he loves it.

In yet other health-related news, I'm just getting over a cold I've had for the past several days. It wasn't too bad, but completely zapped my energy. I spent Thursday and Friday afternoons laying on the couch while Alexander napped and the girls snuggled with me and watched TV. I slept until noon yesterday and then laid on the couch the whole rest of the day. I wasn't upright for more than about 5 minutes at a time before I had to lay down again. Fortunately, I felt much better today and I'm looking forward to a more productive week.

So, that's the status on everyone's physical well-being to date. I have much more to write about but it's 1:28 AM and I really need to get some sleep. I tried to go to sleep at 11:30, but I had too much on my mind and ended up getting up to tidy up a bit, do the dishes and put things in order for tomorrow morning. I didn't want to start the week in utter chaos. I've also been itching to journal so now that I've at least wished everyone a Happy New Year, I can relax a bit! I'll be back soon.

No comments: