Saturday, January 13, 2007

Weekend Update

Whew, it's been a busy week. I started working on my New Year's Resolutions, which include:

1. Clean out and organize cabinets.
2. Stop procrastinating so much (I decided to wait until next month to do this one. Whaaaahaaahaaaaa! I crack myself up.)
3. Get paperwork under control so the desk area is tidy and I don't have to throw stuff into bags and stash prior to company arriving.

I made a lot of progress in most of these areas this week. The desk has a ways to go, but I did work on it. I reorganized the game cabinets, cleaned out and organized the toys in the upstairs playroom, the basement playroom and the kids' rooms, and did several things I've been putting off for some time, including, but not limited to: replacing batteries in several toys, going through Juliana's dresser to remove clothes that no longer fit and filing A LOT of paperwork. All of this in addition to about 5 loads of laundry made for a busy and very productive week. I also finally planned the first playgroup of 2007 and had 8 neighbors join us with their kids for about three hours yesterday afternoon. Per a suggestion from one of the moms, I set up a sign-up list for hostess duties from now through the end of April. It definitely gives us something to look forward to. My next task is to plan a Girls Night Out for next week. I missed my monthly Bunco night last week because I was sick and I need my night out!

Today was Kathryn's first winter soccer game. She's playing on an indoor field about 20 minutes away. We all went to watch her play. She did well and enjoyed herself. She was a little tentative, but shouldn't be long before she's back in the swing again. After the game, I headed out to do some shopping and get a few more items off my to do list. I picked up some new paper and border for the bulletin board in the playroom, as well as some sticky blue shapes to help decorate the room. We've got several pictures to put up in there. When it's presentable, I'll post a picture!

That's about all the news that's fit to print today. I'm pooped so will probably get to bed early for a change. Until next time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see Kathryn play. Ampa is hoping the February 10th game is at 7AM. He will be glad to take her.
Good job on the 'getting done'.