Is it Friday already? Geesh. How time flies. We stayed very busy today. Alexander had an appointment for his second flu shot. He has had a cold for such a long time that I decided to go ahead and schedule to see the doctor. Turns out, he has an ear infection and he's wheezing so the Dr. said to give him 2 puffs of his inhaler 3 times a day for about 4 days in the hopes that will clear up his chest. Poor baby has been so sick this winter. :( In lighter news, he had his flu shot and didn't even flinch. No screaming, no crying. Nothing. I was very impressed!
From there, we went to pick up the girls and stopped for McDonald's on our way to have lunch with our friend, Trudy. She picked up Chipotle for she and I and we had a nice lunch together. The bonus was the girls got to meet Trudy's new puppy, Bailey. She's a King Charles Cavalier and is only about 11 weeks old. She was so cute and we got a kick out of watching Alexander try to classify the creature on the other side of the gate. The girls had a blast playing with the puppy, as anticipated.
After lunch and a visit, we headed over to Denise's house for this weeks playgroup. The girls had a great time playing and Alexander held up okay, even though he wasn't feeling well. When we returned home, I gave him some Dimetapp and his blankie and he went down for a nice long nap, from which he's just now waking.
So, that's the scoop for the day. It's been a bit of a long week with Kathryn not feeling well so home from school on Monday (Kathryn and I had to walk Juliana in because as soon as she heard Kathryn wasn't going, she didn't want to either) and Alexander under the weather. I'm still not 100%, but am fine, for the most part. Fortunately, Juliana hasn't gotten it, but I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop...
I've gotten quite a bit done on my anti-procrastination resolution so that's a big plus for the week. I only got to the gym twice (Tues. Body Pump class and Thurs. bike for 45 min.), but that's better than nothing. I'm having trouble getting back on the wagon after the holidays. I'll get there, but I'm enjoying the detour for now! :) I began this post as a Friday Flashback, but it's too long so will do that separately. Stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment